May 12th Release:
New Tab Updates:
- Focus now shows a progress bar on the new tab. When you add tasks, it shows you how many tasks are complete along with a percentage completion.
- You receive a productivity nudge every two hours from the time you open your browser. This is to remind you about your tasks for the day and get things done.
- Any tasks added or Pomodoros started are reflected immediately on the new tab. Earlier, it required a refresh.
- Fixed a bug where a new tab was not recognising a new day on the first load
- The tool sends a usage guide email during sign up. You can view it here: https://productiveclub.com/focus-first-steps/
- The notification which mentions the number of tabs open is above the threshold is now clickable and opens up the Tab Control settings
- When you change the duration of the Pomodoro timer the countdown starts immediately without needing another click on ‘Start Clock’
- The Pomodoro tab now has ‘Back To Tasks’ to allow easy switching back to the Tasks tab
- The Pomodoro beep tone is changed to an alarm beep. The earlier sound was too loud for users.
- Removed the motivational quote on the bottom of the page to save space. The decision was made because the benefit of the quote was unclear and unmeasurable.
May 5th Release:
Focus now takes control of your new tab:
- Reminds you to set tasks for the day to make you productive
- Tells you how of the tasks set are complete/incomplete
- Allows you to set Pomodoros
- Displays if your distraction blocking/tab blocking is on/off
- Fixed an error on the distraction blogging settings where a new website added wasn’t being blocked properly. You can now copy-paste URLs and the whole website will be blocked.
- Fixed an error where using a blocked site for a few minutes using ‘Just 2 min please’ or Pomodoro breaks caused problems to the page scroll
- Fixed a bug where the motivational quote at the bottom of a new tab was showing undefined
- Using any feature does not cause the page to scroll to top
- On ‘Tab control’, moving the mouse over current open tabs highlights the tab and allows click on the entire row to switch to the clicked tab
- New tab now shows your name for relevant text
- The menu which pops up on any blocked site allows 2 min and 5 min access with the appropriate naming(Pomodoro break buttons are removed)
- The notification which shows the number of open tabs above the threshold is now moved lower. This was done to avoid it from covering any menu links on different websites.