Are you ready to improve your productivity? I’m sure you are.
Though Focus has many features to improve your productivity, the best place to start is with the ‘Tasks To Focus Today’. If you’re struggling to get the right things done, this feature will make the biggest difference to your productivity.
Firstly, the ‘Tasks to Focus Today’ feature isn’t meant to be a to-do list and neither can you use it as one. That’s because this list only contains the tasks to focus on for a given day. The next day, all your previous tasks will be cleared. You can view your previous tasks and move any pending tasks to the current day if you like.
Here are the dos and don’ts of the ‘Tasks to Focus Today’ feature:
- Keep the list small. 5-8 tasks a day are ideal.
- Make a habit of marking a task as complete as soon as you finish it. This has a strong influence on your motivation.
- Make the tasks specific instead of generic. For example, instead of mentioning ‘Exercise’ as a task, use ‘Exercise for 45 minutes’
- Start a Pomodoro for a task and get going. When you keep a countdown timer, you are less vulnerable to distractions.
- Aim to complete all your tasks for the day. That way getting things done becomes a habit.
- Don’t turn this feature into a dumping ground for every little task. Use it to focus on the important tasks for the day alone. Less is more.
- Don’t ignore the feature because you already use a to-do list app. Writing a list of things to do for the day is powerful.
- Don’t list the tasks leave them incomplete. They leave an open loop in your brain.
If you use the ‘Tasks to Focus Today’ feature diligently everyday, your productivity will increase.
If you want to know, how I use the tool on a daily basis, here is another guide.