What Personal Information Do We Collect From The People That Use Our App?
When signing up for In The Zone you will be asked to enter your name and email address. For a manual sign-up, we collect a password too. If you choose to use the Google Sign up of Facebook Login, we will also collect your profile picture which will be mentioned in the permissions while you sign up. If you click on an affiliate link, a cookie may be placed on your computer to enable tracking any purchase you make. This will not affect the prices you pay on any of our partner websites but will provide us with a small commission if you decided to purchase something.
The chrome extension will collect other data which you will enter yourself out of your own choice:
- Your tasks for the day
- The timings where you want distraction blocking enabled
- The sites you want to block during the time slots to increase your productivity
- The maximum number of slots you want to keep open before being notified
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- Track your use of the app to better identify usability and functionality issues
- Track your clicking of affiliate links in order to earn a small percentage of sales that go towards maintaining the website
- Use the data you entered within the chrome extension to power the application for your needs
- Use the data you entered to present you with productivity improvements
What Do We Not Do With Your Information?
- We do not use your data for purposes beyond the app or sell it to other parties
- We do not store your browsing statistics on our servers. All your browsing information is stored locally on your machine. We do not analyze your browsing statistics for any form of ad targeting.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We use regular Malware Scanning and firewall blocking of our website. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All pages are encrypted with SSL to ensure your contact information is secure when entered on our website.
Do We Use ‘Cookies’?
We do not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information. We utilize a third party company to process our email to you and as a result, this company has access to the data you provide on sign-up. We may also keep a copy of your sign-up data on our servers as a back-up. You can request a copy of the data we and our third-party provider(s) hold on you by submitting a general inquiry through our contact form. The data we hold will only be used for the purpose that you consented to during the sign-up process.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add on.
Compliance With Global Legislation
We agree to the following:
- By Email if you’re signed up to our newsletter
You can change your personal information at any time by
- Clicking on the “Update Subscription Preferences” at the bottom of the emails we send you
- Contacting us via the website contact form
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We aim to honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. We implement technologies as they become mainstream and attempt to keep up with changing tracking codes and technologies in a timely manner however there may be a slight delay in implementing any new functionality due to platform or techology reasons.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking: On occasion, we may utilize third party companies to understand how our users are navigating our website and using our features. As a result, if such service when used, is active your interaction with this site will be transferred and logged on their servers. This information is used purely by us for quality control purposes. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days of being made aware of such a breach if the breach occurs on out network
- We will inform you of how the breach occured
- We do not personally control or own any servers your information is stored on and whilst we only select quality partners to work with, if an issue occurs with a third-party supplier we will notify you as soon as we can are made aware and provide details of the problem and who to contact
CAN SPAM Act And GDPR
The CAN-SPAM Act and GDPR are laws that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.We collect your email address in order to:
- Respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Send you weekly newsletters with exclusive content, notify you of subscriber resource centre password changes or other site news
- Ask you whether you wish to remain on our email list if you have not interacted with an email from us for a period of time (usually 10 weeks)
To be in accordance with the above acts, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails:
- Simply use the unsubscribe link on the bottom of each email we send you
- Send us an email via the contact form
Content & Disclosure
This blog is edited by Maxim Dsouza however articles are also provided by third party individuals and companies. For questions about this blog, please contact us.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Advertising networks include Google Adsense, Amazon Adverts and Amazon Affiliate Links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. In the majority of cases affiliate links will be marked and the post will contain it’s own separate notice.
The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for our posts or advertisements, they always give their honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
#197, Varsha Nilaya, 1st Cross
AECS Layout A Block, Kundalahalli, Bangalore 560037
It is preferred that you contact me via the website to ensure that your query is dealt with in a timely manner